Among the essentials for health, football plays a fundamental role. Calcium is a mineral that has really important functions for our physical structure. Knowing the most calcium-rich foods and then taking the correct amount of calcium through food, allows you to perform all your daily and sports activities optimally.
In this article, we will analyze the calcium richest foods.
The foods richest in calcium
Below, you will find some of the most calcium-rich foods to include in daily consumption.
Dairy products are an indisputable source of football. Dairy products are usually derivatives of raw or skimmed milk, for example the most common are butter, cheese, yogurt; but there are many other models of elaboration and presentation. Dairy products include:
- Milk: it is one of the main sources of calcium, which starts from breastfeeding of newborns. In addition to calcium, it provides phosphorus and magnesium.
- Cheese: created through the processing of milk. There are many varieties of cheeses, depending on the region and the culture they belong to.
- Yogurt: is obtained through the bacterial fermentation of milk.
- Butter: it is the result of fat and milkshake, with which cream is created. It’s a great source of energy, so it’s recommended for breakfast.
Undoubtedly the fish contains essential and very healthy components, for example, it is ideal to perform good digestion before sleeping, and also contains calcium. Here are the types of fish that contain the greatest percentages of calcium:
- Sardines: bluefish that contains large amounts of calcium, in addition to proteins.
- Salmon: it is the fish with the most nutrients, ideal after workouts that require effort.
- Anchovies /Anchovies: normally fried, grilled or marinated in vinegar. They are rich in omega 3 and vitamins.
Among the foods that contain higher percentages of calcium, vegetables are also an extraordinary source of vitamins, minerals, fibers, in addition to their high water content and antioxidant effects.
- Lettuce: the number one vegetable in everyday salads. A perfect menu if enriched with other nutritious condiments such as eggs or corn.
- Chard: unfortunately the children hate it, but if they knew its health benefits, they would eat it from day one.
- Spinach: very effective for skin and hair care, they also guarantee numerous benefits for asthma or diabetes.
They are a great food to eat between meals. Furthermore, dried fruit such as walnuts is delicious with salads or mixed dishes. Among the most important with regard to calcium content, we find almonds, hazelnuts, dried figs, and pistachio.
Legumes are an indisputable source of carbohydrates in a balanced diet. As a result, they also make a great contribution to fiber. The most important legumes for their calcium content are soy, chickpeas, beans, and lupins.
Algae, among the richest foods in calcium
Algae are very rich in calcium, but be careful, as some algae consumed in Asian countries are famous for their toxicity.
- Wakame: according to traditional Chinese medicine data, it acts as a blood purifier.
- Spirulina: an exceptional source of nutritional components. It contains eight essential amino acids.
- Arame: besides being an incredible source of calcium, its amount of potassium represents 190% of the recommended daily amount.
Herbs and spices
It is worth remembering that the herbs and spices we use to season some dishes have nutritional qualities that are unparalleled. Among the foods that contain higher percentages of calcium, stand out: oregano, dill, and thyme. In fact, the advantages of using oregano are not just limited to enriching the taste of the dishes.
Why consume the most calcium-rich foods?
One of the main functions that calcium plays in our bodies is bone mass production. However, it also collaborates with the nervous system, as it participates in the transmission of nerve impulses. Furthermore, calcium regulates the heartbeat, to make the heart function optimally.
On the other hand, together with sodium, potassium, and magnesium, calcium is responsible for maintaining muscle tone and preventing deterioration and physical fatigue. Very tied to the previous aspect, it acts on the muscular contraction, therefore it helps to perform any natural movement of the human being.
Finally, it should be pointed out that calcium strengthens bones and also teeth. In essence, when calcium percentages are balanced, health benefits enormously.
As the last analysis, we advise you to follow a rich diet, which contains a great variety of nutrients, without excesses or deficiencies. Once you learn to control the number of vitamins or minerals you take every day, you will also be able to see the benefits that calcium brings to your health.